Friday, July 29, 2011

A Taste of What's to Come...

Here goes nothing! I must confess I've never been one to write in a diary, journal my thoughts, or just sit and reflect. My "have to be busy all the time" personality and the slight perfectionist in me hasn't served me well in these areas of life. However, times have changed and though life is about to get crazy busy, I want as many ways as possible to remember this exciting time in our lives.

On May 20, a week after graduation for both of us I might add, I married the love of my life and have absolutely loved every second of married life with Kyle! About a month later, he started his new job as the Relationship Manager & Volunteer Center Coordinator at the Brazos Valley United Way! Getting to make him breakfast in morning and pack his lunch is by far one of my favorite ways to serve him and my favorite times of the day...other than at 5 when he gets home! We're both so excited to see how the Lord uses him, what He teaches him, and how He grows him in this new job. Now, I graduated as an Interdisciplinary Studies major...really just a long name for Education major...in one of the toughest times to find a teaching job. The Lord showed his faithfulness though as I was offered and gratefully accepted a 1st grade teaching job at Crockett Elementary in Bryan ISD. For me, this means pouring into and loving on over twenty 6 year olds, but for you it means funny stories and hopefully some good teaching ideas!

So we'll see what this blog evolves into! I'm thinking it may just be some of this and some of that...a little bit of everything from a new wife and a new teacher!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all the life changes! Sounds pretty close to me and Justin..he graduated/commissioned May 15, 2010 we were married May 22, 2010, and moved to Virginia June 4, 2010 right after our honeymoon. It was crazy but so worth it! You should definitely check out pinterest.com though--it has some awesome teacher ideas on there (not to mention a million other things like home/decor, organization, food, clothes, photography...) Anyway, congrats again and keep enjoying those little things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be my number ONE blogger of all times!! Can't wait for the cute teacher stories.

    ReplyDelete